Post Your Ideas or Suggestions for our RP Servers Here!
By NeedlessMemeing
As the suggestion is long and the forums are annoying to format, I've used a Google Document to make this suggestion.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Fyg ... sp=sharing

I'd like to hear criticisms or suggestions for the idea. I know it's very big for Pandahut, but I think it's time Mayor is reformed.
MattCobra, ShrewdShroud liked this
By MattCobra
+1
By Helena
how is the vote system flawed, a poll is a solid representation of democracy. You are suggesting that we stop getting mayors and instead employ councils: wouldn't ths take 10x time and flaws? wouldnt' it give way for the most corrupt and biased people to be in charge most of the time? one could easily gather a group like BMC and eventually put most of its influence in a council, because as we have seen before, BMC has far enough influence to pick who will be mayor already, this only results in the same people being in charge.

Also despite being complicated, all i can picture is that normal players will see it and just ignore it due to how extensive it is, you know the same way long paragraphs scare players to the point where they dont read the rules because it would traumatize them, oh lords don't make them read those essays!!!!

astronomically fat -1
how is the vote system flawed, a poll is a solid representation of democracy. You are suggesting that we stop getting mayors and instead employ councils: wouldn't ths take 10x time and flaws? wouldnt' it give way for the most corrupt and biased people to be in charge most of the time? one could easily gather a group like BMC and eventually put most of its influence in a council, because as we have seen before, BMC has far enough influence to pick who will be mayor already, this only results in the same people being in charge.

Also despite being complicated, all i can picture is that normal players will see it and just ignore it due to how extensive it is, you know the same way long paragraphs scare players to the point where they dont read the rules because it would traumatize them, oh lords don't make them read those essays!!!!

astronomically fat -1
You clearly haven't read the entire document. First, a poll is incredibly flawed unless it's just 2 candidates running. Having any more than that will lead to all sorts of problems such as vote splitting. Second, I quite literally said mayors will still be a thing. Third, if the BMC influences politics then isn't it just RP? Wouldn't criminals IRL want to influence politics as much as they can? BMC has successfully won the mayorship multiple times.

Also, the system is much more complicated than the current one. But it fixes many problems the current one has and adds a new layer onto RP. Players will not have to 'read an essay' because it wouldn't be an entire fucking essay.

In conclusion, if you were to take the time to properly read the document and not skim over I'd be happy to respond to criticisms in a much nicer manner but your complete and utter ignorance of what is actually written is astoundingly clear.
By wonslowcar
Imo mayor should be able to take out funds with admin consent if it exceeds a certain amnt, say 1k.

The voting system is fine as is, players vote for whod they want the most
Imo mayor should be able to take out funds with admin consent if it exceeds a certain amnt, say 1k.

The voting system is fine as is, players vote for whod they want the most
Mayors shouldn't be able to take funds out without admin consent tbh since it's sometimes a lot of money at stake and it'd be easier for admins to give permission all the time instead of having to check logs to make sure they aren't withdrawing too much. Plus, if a mayor is actually using the money responsibly, 1k would never be enough for anything so the limit is basically redundant.

The voting system, as I've said multiple times isn't fine. If there are more than two choices in an election it forces players to pick the player with the highest chance of winning even if that player isn't their top choice. The voting system I propose is no more complicated for players than the current one as they would just select a party this time.
+1 parties
By ShrewdShroud
+1 Great suggestion, this can save a lot of votes from being "lost", while adding real politics.

I think there should be no party discipline so when passing bills party members don't need to vote the same as their party leader.
By Javi-kun
+1 noice

GET ACCESS TO CUSTOM KITS & COMMANDS!