You can talk about our Unturned Roleplay Servers here!
By iMC
is SIM dead,hasn't posted in like months,at least on he forums
iMC's Laptop has got some issues plus he's busy with irl stuff so can't blame him though
He did say that his magazine company is a semi-regular company
that means we will get notified about his next mag series soon or later until his laptop gets fixed
Thanks for answering the question AJ. For those who want a more technical and in-depth answer, here it is:

I play on and make SIM Magazine on a MacBook Pro from 2011. Unfortunately, these models have quite the reputation of their hard drive cables being very sensitive, and as of now my hard drive cable is broken again.

Now, before you ask "Why don't you just go buy another one?", let me explain how hard this process is. Laptop parts are not as regulated by standards as desktop parts, so each manufacturer has its own parts for their own laptops. For reference, the following is a picture of the cable in question. Image

Consequently, installation of the new part is variable. With this particular cable, there's lots of adhesive involved. (typical of Apple products) Since I'm more inclined to PC repair, and am by no means a Mac hardware expert, I am currently waiting for a relative of mine with more experience with Macs to help me repair it.

So, right now, I am running around with my hard drive in an external HDD enclosure, which slows my computer down quite a bit and adds an extra (quite fragile) dongle to my computer.

However, this doesn't mean that I have been doing nothing. I've been designing magazine covers, election banners (See here and here) and logos. The following is the cover page of an issue that we were going to release for Christmas, but the SIM Magazine writers were too busy to write content for it. (I don't blame them, it's Christmas ffs. I was busy too.)Image
Maybe next year.

I've also been working once again with the PSD on records management and branding. You'll see them real soon. I've also written the "Unfiltered" series in the PH Forums Off-Topic section, which are basically rants on three aspects of my PandaHut career. I haven't gotten the chance to make an additional post to "Unfiltered Imagination", but I'll see if I can fix that. (Link to the trilogy)

As for the next issue of SIM, tbh I haven't had many ideas for it lately. I wanted to do an issue on Washington for once, but it's stagnated with the reign of BMC (and since I interviewed MattCobra already, I don't want to repeat it...yet). I'm still up for the continuation of PandaHut Deconstructed though, which would be easier since I don't have to remake/reshoot assets. However, that depends on if the staff team wants me to interview them. I wanted to do an issue on creative companies like SIM, but honestly the idea's past its prime time, and the only other creative company out there is GFS. (Kinda screwed myself with my higher standards and attention to detail.)

We'll see what the future holds.
- iMC
Mr AJ liked this
By Javi-kun
I can't belive someone spent time on this fetish
Dude it's cool
By iMC
I'm sure you've heard the news that I will be withdrawing from Pandahut soon. (If not, read this --> https://pandahut.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=27587)
However, this does not mean that SIM Magazine has to go down with it.
Therefore, I have made a decision.

As of right now, SIM Magazine will be open source.
All files, assets, and fonts used will be provided to the Pandahut public soon on this thread.
To edit the files, you will need to download GIMP (which is free and available at http://gimp.org)

Yes, this means that you will be able to make your own issues of SIM Magazine very soon.
This also includes some unfinished issues and the unfinished guide. If you want to try finishing it, go ahead.
Alongside the files will be tips and tricks that I use to design the issues and other graphics.

The SIM Magazine Discord server (click my signature) will be also adjusted to accommodate this change.

See you when this Google Drive upload is finished.
By ZERO
I enjoyed reading your old news before I came to RP. Wish you well 🎃
By iMC
Google Drive has finished the upload, and here is the link to the SIM Magazine Archive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Good luck creating.

If you have anything to add to the archive, you can message me on Discord at iMC#8217 or email imco986@gmail.com
Mr AJ liked this

GET ACCESS TO CUSTOM KITS & COMMANDS!