Introduce yourself here! (Optional)
By Idka
Hey there!

I'm Idka. I'm pretty new to both the PH servers and Unturned, but a veteran to roleplay. I've never tried Unturned RP before, and a friend recommended this server to me, so here I am! Although I do think there are tweaks to be made to the rules and management, I'm enjoying my stay so far. I admire the community here, and I think most players are very kind and courteous.

Currently, I'm a CS student. I started developing in Unity and learning C# a couple of weeks ago, and I've been enjoying it. So I'm sure you could imagine my shock when I learned that Unturned was developed in Unity! I'm considering beginning with plugin development, so feel free to comment any suggestions on what I could make below! I'd appreciate your input and anything I should know beforehand.

I started playing RPs at a young age, and I've logged thousands of hours on them. One of my first games I started to play RP on was Garry's Mod. I began by playing Jailbreak, and considered it one of my favorite modes, until I found DarkRP. DarkRP is basically just a normal civilian life RP, but in reality, it was very criminal-sided and police were rendered useless. I never really liked that, but no servers really made an effort to change it, so it became "the norm". I tried out many different kinds of servers, and even managed some, in hopes that there could be one that was truly unique and fun, but to no avail. They were all pretty similar, yet distinct in their own ways. After that, I moved on to Arma 3 Altis Life. It was one of my favorite experiences, and I quickly rose up in the world of gangs. This was a very different RP experience, where police and criminal life were separated yet completely balanced. It made engagements very fun, and the results were different every time. Unfortunately, the game was designed to be a mil-sim, so combat would be very difficult and sometimes frustrating. However, playing A3:AL servers really opened my eyes to how enjoyable RP can really be, while keeping it balanced and interesting.

After/during Arma 3, I began to play PLAYERUNKNOWN's Battlegrounds. It was a very buggy experience (esports ready btw), and quite honestly, it still is. There, I mastered positioning, map knowledge (just Erangel cause Miramar map sucksss), and improved my gunplay greatly. I found it very fun for a long time, but eventually quit because of game instability. Most importantly, however, it introduced me to the concept of Battle Royale. I started playing Fortnite during early Season 1, but I hated it and quit after a day or two. This was a result of me still being a PUBG fanboy. During around mid Fortnite S3, I started to play and enjoy the concept more. Over time, my building skill developed. This kept going until mid/late S4, where I grew so much as a player to the point that I began to consider going competitive. My gunplay in Fortnite was lacking immensely, but my building skill was compensating for it. I was considering going pro, but I couldn't risk it at the cost of school, which was beginning very soon. This also led to me trying everything to improve my aim, but the meta kept changing for the worse (splodes meta). These events ultimately resulted in me quitting Fortnite, even though I had so much momentum. This was one of my first major competitive experiences that let me really understand the importance of little details and balance changes.

Feel free to ask any questions you would like, and please tell me what you'd like to see me develop in the world of Unturned plugins, I'd love to answer!
Apples, Mr AJ liked this
By Apples
Welcome to Pandahut first off!
For a possibly plugin idea, jailbreak. I played TF2 jailbreak for years and it was so fun and enjoyable. It definitely would be a hard plugin to make, but if it were to be successful, it would be used a lot. I hope you enjoy your time here and I enjoyed reading your story.
Idka liked this
By Miku
Welcome to Pandahut!
Unity is a great starting game engine and can be used well.
For Unturned II, Nelson is moving to unreal engine though.
To point you in the right direction, the way Unturned plugins work is with Rocket, Rocket provides the interface to the server. Fun fact, unreal has native plugin support and no such thing like rocket is needed.
Mr AJ, Idka liked this
By xDreamLand
Hi,

Welcome to Pandahut! :staringpanda:

Pandahut is pretty strict in the Rules, so make sure you know 'em flaaaawless!
And if you are struggling, make sure to read some of the RP-Guides. ;-)

Enjoy your staying,
~xDreamLand
Idka liked this
By Mr AJ
Welcome To Pandahut :smiley:
I hope that you would enjoy playing Pandahut Servers :grin:
Before you RP, It would be better if you go through the rules as wells as the laws so that it can be easy for you to roleplay without any issue :innocent:
Idka liked this
By Idka
Welcome to Pandahut first off!
For a possibly plugin idea, jailbreak. I played TF2 jailbreak for years and it was so fun and enjoyable. It definitely would be a hard plugin to make, but if it were to be successful, it would be used a lot. I hope you enjoy your time here and I enjoyed reading your story.
Thanks for the welcome! I really loved Jailbreak, it was a very well done mode. I don't think I've ever tried the TF2 version, but it sounds like a blast. Making a plugin like that would likely require a server dedicated to only Jailbreak, so it would be more time-consuming, but I'd definitely like to give it a try in the future.
By Idka
Welcome to Pandahut!
Unity is a great starting game engine and can be used well.
For Unturned II, Nelson is moving to unreal engine though.
To point you in the right direction, the way Unturned plugins work is with Rocket, Rocket provides the interface to the server. Fun fact, unreal has native plugin support and no such thing like rocket is needed.
I heard about the switch to Unreal, so I guess I'm going to have to figure out UnrealScript later on. C# was a smooth transition for me though, so I'm hoping I'll figure it out very quickly.
I didn't know UE didn't have native plugin support, that's really cool. Really sucks for Rocket, but I'm sure they'll figure something out.
By Idka
Hi,

Enjoy your staying,
~xDreamLand
Before you RP, It would be better if you go through the rules as wells as the laws so that it can be easy for you to roleplay without any issue :innocent:
Yeah, yeah, I read the rules haha. I'll be honest, I struggled a bit just because of the shear size of the page, and I think there's room for improvement. There's also a good amount rules I don't really agree with, but it's not really my place to say anything about them right now. Thanks for the warning!
Mr AJ liked this
By xDreamLand
Hi,

Enjoy your staying,
~xDreamLand
Yeah, yeah, I read the rules haha. I'll be honest, I struggled a bit just because of the shear size of the page, and I think there's room for improvement. There's also a good amount rules I don't really agree with, but it's not really my place to say anything about them right now. Thanks for the warning!
We got a suggestion section in case you would like to suggest a rule adjustment(s) / add-on(s)!
And in some rules I'm not agreeing too, tbh. :oops:

~xDreamLand
Idka liked this
By TomatoChunks
Hey man, welcome!

I think a really cool plugin I've wanted to see in Unturned for awhile now would be for a gamemode called TTT (Trouble in Terrorist Town). Since you're a fan of Garry's Mod, you've probably heard/played this before. It might take a bit of work to actually make this, but I think it would be very fun and popular.
Mr AJ, Idka liked this

GET ACCESS TO CUSTOM KITS & COMMANDS!